Friday, September 11, 2009

IMAGES FOR A CURE

October is such a special month for me. It begins with my birthday, as well as my sisters and memas birthdays. I always fall in love with the colors around me and the weather I get to enjoy. And of course, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. However, this year it is going to be even closer to my heart.

On October 11th, photographers throughout the United States and beyond are coming together in the support of breast cancer research. Best of all, I joined in on the great cause and get to be a part of it.

We will be holding sessions on this day where 100% of all session fees will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®.

I haven't had a personal or family experience with Breast Cancer and I am thankful for that. We have a family friend who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and was fortunate enough to survive with all the treatments. Unfortunately, several months after her last treatment she began to have problems again. Only to find out that she was diagnosed with bone cancer as well. So, for her and all the others that have to go through this, I am really greatful for the opportunity to use something I am so passionate about to give back. I am hoping we are all able to help make a difference in the research for the cure.

We will be holding sessions for Sunday, October 11th. If you are interested in booking a session with us to help support this cause, please contact us at melanie.ann@live.com to book and talk about your session. 100% of your session fee ($50) will be donated.

I also have a very dear friend that is participating in the Tulsa Race for the Cure® on Saturday, September 19th. I am going to be among the viewers on this event and hopefully get some great shots of all those who are supporting this cause. If you live in the Tulsa area I urge you to participate in one way or another. Even if it is just to stand on the sides and cheer those racing on. If, instead, you would like to make a pledge in support of a participant or team feel free to visit the Team List webpage.

Here is to the hopes that one day we may find a cure for Breast Cancer so that our children won't have to go through this.

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope or confidence." - Helen Keller

No comments: